1/18/2007

BLAST FROM THE PAST


Two of my childhood cartoon shows, Transformers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, are coming back as movies this year.



Transformers has Steven Spielberg and Michael Bay involved, so I expect it to pretty much be a standard Hollywood action flick. I've been hearing news about changes they made to the movie for the sake of logic (Megatron now transforms into a tank instead of a gun), and so far fan reaction is mixed. I just hope they keep the personalities of the characters, Autobots and Decepticons, true to the cartoon's, just so we'd at least recognize them. That, and they show us Cybertron.



The TMNT trailer looks like a cutscene from a video game, and is too cartoony for my taste. And here I was hoping for the Eastman and Laird comic book version I read when I was a kid, before they diluted it and turned it into a cartoon. Vengeance-themed and dark, the original has some of the bloodiest scenes I've read in a graphic novel.

No comments: